Call 911 immediately for any of the following problems:
- Severe breathing difficulties (stopped breathing, choking, unable to breathe, turning blue/purple in the lips/face, difficulty breathing bee sting or ingesting food / medicine)
- Severe bleeding (unable to stop with direct pressure)
- Severe neck injury (neck pain, numbess arms /legs. DO NOT attempt to move your child !
- Seizure that does not stop within 2-3 minutes
- Unconscious child (unable to awaken)
- Electrical Shock
- Near Drowning
- Fever with a purple rash
Call our office immediately or go to the ER for any of the following:
- Significant asthma attack or wheezing
- Fever higher than 105 in a child of any age
- Rectal temp higher than 100.4 in an infant under 2 months of age
- Brief seizure that has stopped within 2-3 minutes - if longer, call 911
- Any loss of consciousness, confusion or unexplained strange behavior, bad headache, or vomiting several times after a head injury
- Significant trauma/accident
- Foreign object in the ear, nose, vagina or rectum
- Possible dehydration
- Moderate or large amount of blood
- Suicide attempt, sexual assault, child abuse
Poison control: (800) 222-1222
Crisis hotline/violence call: 211
24 hours hotline 800-THE-LOST (800-843-5678)
We accept most private insurances, as well as Connecticut Husky A & B.
Please call our office for further inquiries.
Frequently Asked Questions:
A medical home, also known as the patient-centered medical home (PCMH), is a team approach to providing total health care. Led by your health care provider, your medical home is meant to provide comprehensive and continuous medical care to patients with a goal to obtain maximal health outcomes. The PCMH is a health care setting that facilitates partnerships between individual patients, and their personal physician in coordination with specialists, and when appropriate, the patient’s family. Childcare associates is proudly recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as a Level III medical home, which is the highest level of recognition for a medical home.